Accès
Office de Tourisme
du Sancerrois

Esplanade Porte César
18300 Sancerre

Phone number: : 02 48 54 08 21
Contact us

Opening hours

The Tower of the Fiefs



View over the vineyards of Sancerre and the Loire !

The Tower of the FiefsThe Tower of the FiefsThe Tower of the FiefsThe Tower of the Fiefs - Michel Orriger

The Tower of Fiefs is the last vestige of Sancerre castle which included 6 towers.
Its construction dates from the end of the fourteenth century.
It belonged to the Counts of Sancerre and had the reputation of being an impregnable stronghold in the Middle Age.

This dungeon, called the Tower of Fiefs, was built at the request of John III, Count of Sancerre from 1348 to 1398. It was built by Guy de Dammartin, modeled on that of Mehun-sur-Yèvre (Cher).
12m in diameter, round outside, hexagonal within, the Tower of the Fiefs rises to 40m high and proudly dominates the vineyards of Sancerre and the Loire that winds at the foot of the peak.
The Tower of Fiefs is in the Château de Sancerre Park, belonging to the Marnier-Lapostolle family.

From the top of it, you enjoy an exceptional 360° view between meanders of the Loire and the Sancerre hills hilly.

Rates
2.50 € • 6 € for families • 1 € for students
Free for children under 12 years.

The Tower of Fiefs is open daily
except Sunday morning from April 18 to October 28, 2017

- April 18: 2 pm to 5 pm
- May, June and september : 2 pm to 6 pm and Saturday from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm,
- July, August and September : 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2 pm to 6 pm
- October : 2 pm to 5 pm

© Office de Tourisme du Grand Sancerrois - Site officiel - Conception itiConseil - Credits - Legal notice - Contact
   Route Jacques Coeur    Fédération des Offices de Tourisme    Les Plus Beaux Détours de France    Berry